Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Carrie's Cheesecake

Ryan's cousin is a pastry chef and fed us this delectable dessert last weekend. I consider myself a cheesecake connoisseur, and this is the BEST New York cheesecake I've ever put in my mouth.


Crust:
5 tablespoons butter, melted
⅓ cup sugar
1½ cups crushed graham crackers

Filling:
2¼ packages cream cheese, room temperature
1¼ cup sugar
2¾ teaspoons lemon juice
2¾ teaspoons vanilla extract
4 eggs


Mix crust ingredients and press into springform pan. Add filling ingredients to the mixing bowl in order, scraping down the bowl after each addition, making sure it is smooth. If you mix for too long after the eggs it will become aerated. You don't want that. Pour the filling on top of the crust. Bake in a preheated 300 deg oven for 1½ to 2¼ Hours! Patience is a virtue here. I like to put them on a sheet pan and rotate them in the oven once or twice through. I pull mine out when a thermostat reads 150-155 deg F.

- Jensa

No comments: