Friday, March 5, 2010

Cafe Rio Sweet Pork


This is seriously the best pulled pork I have ever had.

6 lbs of pork
16 oz. can of salsa
1 can of coke (I used Dr. Pepper and it was amazing)
2 cups of brown sugar


Put the pork in the crockpot and fill halfway with water. Cook on high for 5 hours. Then dump out the water and shred the pork. Add the salsa, coke, and brown sugar and stir it around a bit to it all seems evenly dispersed. Cook for three more hours on high.

Then you can throw it into some burritos or even eat it plain.

I know it takes a long time but it's so easy to do! (and definately worth the wait)

I cut this recipe in half and it fed 5 people.

-Megan

6 comments:

Elise and Lane said...

Sweet! I've always done the Cafe Rio chicken- but I can't wait to try this one out!

MeganKalynn said...

how do you do afe rio chicken? i would LOVE to try that one as well!

Elise and Lane said...

Tried it loved it! I tried to speed it up, but you really need to let it go nice and slow otherwise it won't "Shred" to easy...!

innovativeblog said...

Wow
simply wonderful!
Keep Posting
tech forum

Australian Diamonds Blogger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jem Jems Food Blog said...

Yum this looks so comforting:)
Love Jem